If the doctor has decided that there are medicines which you need to take regularly – these are known as “Repeat Prescriptions”. These can be ordered in a number of ways and you do not need to see the doctor each time.
If your Medication Review is due in the next 28 days then you will need to make an appointment with the GP to review your medicines, before your prescription can be issued.
Repeat prescriptions will not be processed until 2 working days before they are due.
Receptionists can not accept telephone requests for repeat prescriptions because of the possibility of error.
Order at convenient Chemist/Pharmacy
- Find a convenient chemist and each month request they order your medication.
- Collect prescription from that chemist.
- If you would like prescription sent electronically to the chemist (EPS) please inform Receptionist at Surgery.
- Please allow at least 4 working days between asking the chemist to order your medication and going to the chemist to collect it.
Personal request at Surgery and collect from Surgery
- Bring/send/put in our letterbox a written request.
- We can post prescriptions to you if you enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
- Allow 48 working hours from time received in Surgery until coming to collect the prescription from the Surgery.
Personal request at Surgery and collect from Nominated pharmacy
- Deliver a written request directly to the Surgery.
- Inform Surgery that you would like your request sent Electronically (EPS) to a chemist of your choice (nominated chemist). Further information available in Surgery about this.
- Please allow 48 working hours from time received in Surgery until contacting chemist to collect prescription.
Online request for medication
- Prescription can be ordered online and will be processed in the same way as above. To be set up as an online user please come into the Surgery with your ID.
- Please allow 48 working hours before coming to collect your script or checking with the Chemist if it has been received.
You can now order your repeat prescriptions online. Before you can use this facility you will need to come into reception with a form of identification to obtain your username and password.
Please click here to log in
Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
Click here for the information leaflet about EPS